Woo your target market…don’t try to Wow them.
Whether you are looking for a mate or a great job, chances are you would take time for grooming to make yourself as attractive as possible. You would give special attention to make sure you were squeaky clean, with every hair in place and your clothing just right. In other words, you understand the importance of good grooming.
Internet marketing requires grooming your business website for effective attraction marketing.
Grooming your website is all about making your website appealing to your target market, and to the matchmakers. Attraction marketing does not focus on sales tactics. When a young man meets the girl of his dreams, he doesn’t usually pop the big question, “Will you marry me?” He will take her on dates, buy her gifts, take her out to dinner…all a part of making himself attractive to her. This is best known as courtship. Attraction marketing is business courtship.
Attraction marketing starts with listening to your target market and finding out what its problems are and then providing solutions to its problems. It is about finding out what prospects like, what they need, and then supplying it to them. Exceptional listening skills are needed when it comes to attraction marketing.
Some tips to groom your website for attraction marketing includes:
• Make sure the links on your site work. Broken links are like broken promises.
• Make sure your links guide your visitors to where you intend them to be. Links on your website that misdirect your visitors from what they were expecting to find is the best way to turn off your visitor and loose them forever. Take the time to check all your links to make sure you are not misdirecting your visitors.
• Start blogging. Blogging is an excellent way to get feedback from your target market. You can then use the information gained in developing a marketing plan with the power of attraction.
• Use the tools your target market uses, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, YouTube, and Twitter. Using the social media sites that your target market is using gives you the opportunity to meet them on their ground and then you can lead them to your website. This is attraction marketing in action.
• Start using articles to provide information to your target market. The use of articles has the power to establish yourself as the expert for your target market. As you build your expert reputation, your target market will began to have confidence and trust in you and your business.
Attraction marketing has the potential to build long term relationships with your target market. As an added benefit you will also receive improved ranking on the search engines. Google and Yahoo are attracted to sites with relevant information which flows in a natural manner. They are your matchmakers.
See our wisdom book on How to Succeed in Business Dating.